The Music Academy benefits from a wide variety of in-kind gifts…everything from gently used computers, printers, copy machines, instruments, office furniture, arts and craft supplies, and music equipment, metronomes, gently used sheet music (no photo copies, please), sets of strings, piano footstools, music stands, etc. Please contact Marti Frantz for more information at 815-986-0037.
The Music Academy 2015-2016 Wish List
- Duplicating paper – $35 per ream/box
- Laminating pouches – $28 per package
- Music folders (25 per ensemble at ~$2.00 each = $50/ensemble)
- Erasable marking pens (6 reading/ theory classes, average class size of 25) $35
- A desktop computer – new ~$700. Used (but newer than oursJ) could work.
- A larger monitor for Marti’s office – DONE!!
New Musical Scores
- String Orchestra Scores ~$50 to $60 each.
Student scholarships/financial aid and Professional Development Fund
- Awards range from $300 per student to $1300 depending upon family income, number of siblings enrolled in program, commitment to the work and the school.
- Total awards given annually = $17,000.
- Paint for exterior trim on building, especially south side. Rough estimate is $1,000.
- Dollies for grand pianos at ~ $300 each. We could use three.
- Cover for the Weber grand piano
- Moving of Yamaha “Eric Dean” grand piano to the auditorium for dedication celebration – $300 DONE!!
- Air conditioning for auditorium – $10,000 for materials. (Labor for installation has been donated.) Project to take place in summer 2015.
- A gently used refrigerator for Loreen’s kitchen, smallish in size. We are on last legs with a screeching fan in the freezer in the existing 1970’s model.
- The Music Academy aspires to ensure our future! An endowment would help!