The Music Academy offers distinguished music education for students of all ages, including private instruction in violin, viola, cello, guitar, piano, flute, harp, clarinet and voice. Offerings go beyond the private lesson to include musicianship and theory classes as well as large and small ensemble coaching
- Piano Repertoire/Musicianship Classes
- Suzuki String Repertoire and Reading Classes
- String Orchestra and Ensembles
- String Quartets
- Mixed Ensembles
- Private Traditional Lessons: Private lessons are available for piano, violin, viola, cello, guitar, voice, and flute. Children may begin at age seven or eight.
- Suzuki Talent Education: Shinichi Suzuki called his method of teaching the "mother tongue method," and believed that children learn to play an instrument as easily as they learn to speak their native language. A close parent-child relationship in an environment of encouragement, understanding, repetition, and imitation is necessary for this method to succeed. Children may begin at age three or four.
What you can expect from the Music Academy:
- Teachers who are excellently trained and thoroughly experienced.
- Teachers who are outstanding musicians and performers.
- Teachers who believe it is their responsibility to develop to the fullest the ability and talent of each and every child in a nurturing environment.
- Teachers who are warm, understanding and sharing.
- Studios, classroom, and concert facilities in Loreen Hall and at Emmanuel Lutheran Church.
- A friendly and helpful administrative staff.
- Reasonable fees.
Our goals are:
- To meet the developmental needs of the aspiring musician.
- To, through the medium of music, provide an environment and education process that raise sensitivity and understanding, thereby creating for each child a better life…and for all, a better world.