Traditional: Individual Instruction
The Music Academy offers distinguished music education. Traditional instruction is appropriate for students of all ages, including adults, and instruction is available from beginning to advanced levels. There are several factors that must be present in order for music instruction to be successful.
- highly trained professional musicians and teachers working within a supportive school environment.
- the beginning traditional student is usually around seven or eight years old and reading the native language with some proficiency.
- we train the ear right alongside the eye as children begin to encode and decode the language of music.
- an engaged parent (or other caregiver) who is committed to the value of an aesthetic education for their children. Students will enjoy their musical educational experience when they feel the support of the parent or significant adult. Parents are always encouraged to attend lessons.
- an environment filled with beautiful music
What students and parents can expect:
- teachers who believe it is their responsibility to develop to the fullest the ability and talent of each and every child.
- comprehensive, high quality, affordable instruction
- music theory, sight reading and ensemble experiences
- high quality performance opportunities
- making a long-term commitment. The benefit of a music education comes over time.
A few points to remember:
The study of music teaches discipline, endurance and sensitivity. Every student has ability. Children learn at different and inconsistent rates, which do not determine ultimate success, so do not give up! The study of music teaches students to be more human—in short, to live better lives. And, that is why we teach music!
Instruction Available On:
Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Guitar, Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Harp and Voice